We have implemented the Assertive Mentoring system in English martyrs Primary School.
The aims of Assertive Mentoring are:
- to raise standards for all
- to motivate and involve children in their learning
- to inform and involve parents/carers in their child’s learning
- to support and build upon good practice, other initiatives and polices at English Martyrs Primary School
- to celebrate the positive as well as break down barriers to enable further progress in Maths.
Assertive Mentoring outcomes and targets show what a child can do, and what they need to do to move to the next stage of learning. The process allows teachers to set achievable targets in mathematics each half term, and to work with the children to complete these.
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD AT HOME
When you attend Parents’ Evening, the class teacher will discuss your child’s progress with you and his/her targets for the next half term. As part of this discussion, the teacher will explain which stage your child is at for Maths.
Please use the Assertive Mentoring prompt sheets for the stage that your child is at to support her/his Maths learning.
To maximise your child’s learning, you should stay on that stage until the teacher tells you that your child is ready to move onto the next stage.
- Stage 0 - Reception
- Stage 1 - Year 1
- Stage 2 - Year 2
- Stage 3 - Year 3
- Stage 4 - Year 4
- Stage 5 - Year 5
- Stage 6 - Year 6
Please download the following documents to support your child’s learning in Mathematics.