Sports Premium report
The government currently provides funding to schools through a Sport Premium Fund. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
The Association for Physical Education suggest that funding is to be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This may be in a variety of ways. Their suggestions are:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sports clubs
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
SWIMMING AT ENGLISH MARTYRS
Year 5 children attend weekly swimming sessions at a local pool during the Spring Term (terms 3 and 4).
Each year around 15%-20% of the children are complete non-swimmers before the course begins. At the end of the course, they are presented with certificates to show the proficiency level that they have attained.
Please see the current report below for information about attainment levels.